A Lesson on Sulfate free shampoo
Most people complain about having oily hair. Contrary to popular belief, oily hair is not as a result of bad hygiene. As a matter of fact, frequent hair washing can worsen the situation. Most of the shampoos available in the market contain Sodium lauryl sulfate or sodium laureth sulfate to remove oil from your hair. These compounds are the ones that produce all that foam that you see when cleaning your hair with shampoo.fortunately,hair products manufacturers have now started making shampoos that are both environmental friendly, and that have minimal side effects if any on your well being.in recent times , sulfate free shampoos have continued gaining much popularity because of the benefits they provide to your hair.
Why should you use sulfate free shampoos.
1. Most people who use shampoos containing this ingredient claim that sulfate can worsen acne conditions as well as make your scalp to become dry. Sulfates causes the scalp to become more permeable. That makes it easier for harmful hair products to be absorbed easily by your scalp which may cause great harm in the end.
2. According to research, sulfates contain carcinogenic agents. Some researchers also say that sodium Lauryl Sulfate(SLS) can cause damage to your immune system.
3. If you use a shampoo that contains sulfates on colored hair, it washes away the color as the ingredient is mainly a cleanser. That means that the color will not last long in your hair
4. Some research findings from Germany also state that sulfates may cause hair thinning and hair loss in some cases.
5. Sodium lauryl sulfate is also said to cause damage to the hair follicles which causes you to have a weak hair structure and little hair growth
6. They can also be readily absorbed by the liver and imitate the effect of some hormones such as estrogen in your body.
7. If you accidentally ingest shampoo containing sulfate, you could experience gastrointestinal disturbances with symptoms like vomiting, nausea and diarrhea. Similarly if you directly inhale a shampoo that has a high concentration of sulfate you can experience irritation in your respiratory tract and allergic reactions such as coughing, sore throat, difficulties in breathing etc.
What you need to know about sulfate free shampoos.
Just as the name suggests, sulfate free shampoos do not contain sulfates as part of their ingredients. Most of their ingredients are extracted from natural alternatives such as babassu nut .What that simply means is that you will not have to worry about all the adverse effects of sulfates when you use these shampoos. Some of the adverse side effects caused by sulfates include skin irritation and swelling. If your scalp is constantly inflamed, a natural free shampoo would be a good choice. This kind of shampoo is also a good choice for women who want to color or dye their hair as it does not fade dyes at a fast rate like those that contain sulfate.
So how can you find sulfate free shampoo?
The first thing is to check the labels. Read all that information at the back of the shampoo bottle to see if there is any indication of surfactants or sulfates.you can also find natural shampoo that does not contain sulfates from your local drug store, most retailers have started carrying all natural or organic product lines. Another place where you can easily find these shampoos is in organic food stores, or even health food stores. Most of these stores have their own brands of shampoo that does not have sulfate in addition to other organic shampoo brands. Alternatively, you could consult your hairdresser, he or she should be able to recommend to you a good shampoo. Hairdressers are the best people to pick out a shampoo for you that is well balanced in regards to PH and that is suitable for your hair type. The internet is also a good source to obtain these shampoos. You can be able to search for shampoos on the internet by ingredients and even buy. You will also find websites and blogs that have lists of all sulfate free hair products.
Examples of sulfate free shampoos
Kim Vo Enrich moisturizing shampoo. This shampoo does not contain sulfate and it is good for protecting color. It also contains silk polypeptides that are good for restoring moisture to your hair to give it a shinier and smoother look. This shampoo also provides protection from the sun and pollution.
Giovanni tea tree treat shampoo is also another sulfate free shampoo. It is relatively inexpensive and it is made from ingredients such as thyme oil, nettle oil, tea tree oil and chamomile oil which are very good at revitalizing the scalp and soothing dry and inflamed scalps. This shampoo also contains traces of vitamin E and proteins which help in nourishing the skin cells.
Life solutions alterna scalp therapy shampoo is also another good choice of shampoo without sulfates. It enhances circulation to your hair follicles without removing hair color. Even though it does not contain sulfates, it produces a decent amount of foam and its price is average.
Jonathan product green routine nourishing shampoo. This shampoo is an all natural made shampoo which contains ingredients such as spearmint, olive and rosemary, jojoba and coconut extracts. It also contains avocado and orange oils which are intended to remove all the impurities from your scalp and your hair. This shampoo is suitable for use in all hair types and it does not strip off color from color treated hair. A bottle of this shampoo goes for around $20.
Carol’s daughter rosemary mint purifying shampoo is another shampoo that is made without sulfates. It helps in restoring the original hair gloss and healthy state, it provides deep cleansing and removes all accumulated dandruff as well as daily toxins such as sweat. A bottle of this sells at around $12.
Other sulfate free shampoos include pureology shampoo and hair conditioner, L’oreal Paris everstrong hydrate shampoo, Morrocanoil moisture repair shampoo and Ojon Tawaka ancient tribal rejuvenating cleanser among others. I hope that this information has been of great help to you and that you are well informed to make a switch to sulfate free shampoos. Read more here.